Our latest feast

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Barbecued Lamb and Vegetables

" HAPPY NEW YEAR" to each and every one of you.  I wish you, your family and your friends best wishes for 2012.

Summer is definitely the time for cooking on the barbecue. There is something about the ease, the aromas and the relaxing atmosphere that comes from cooking outside.

We tend to have the same things on the grill.. sausages, hamburgers, steaks so last night I decided it was time to try something different.

Everyone enjoyed the flavour of this dish - as usual the rosemary and garlic complimented the lamb.  It was a nice change but will stick to the recipe next time.  I used lamb stir fry strips instead of lamb fillets which of course cooked too quickly on the bbq but didn't need to rest.  Although the lamb wasn't as tender as we would have liked but it was edible and all consumed.

Cross fingers 2012 allows me to be more regular with blogging as last year my work was so hectic, especially with the additional travel,  leaving me struggling to keep up with my precious hobby.  Thank you all for being patient with me and my erratic recipe blogging.  So here goes - the first recipe post for this year!! 

Enjoy....


Barbecue Lamb and Vegetables
(recipe adapted from WW Cook Fresh)

Serves: 4
ProPoints per serve: 9

4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
2 tablespoons olive oil
500 grams lean lamb fillet
2 medium zucchini, thicly sliced
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 medium red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
1 bunch brocolini cut into 4 cm pieces
cooking spray

Combine garlic, chopped rosemary and oil in a small bowl. Place half of the rosemary mixture in a shallow dish. Add lamb and turn to coat.

Combine zucchini, onion, capsicum and eggplant in a large bowl. Add remaining rosemary mixture and toss to coat.

Heat an oil-sprayed chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat.

Chargrill lamb for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Rest lamb for 10 minutes before slicing thickly.

Meanwhile, chargrill vegetables, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a large serving bowl.

Add sliced lamb and rosemary sprigs and toss to combine. Serve.


1 comment:

Tenille @ My Family Table said...

This looks lovely, I love BBQ lamb and vegies. And I'm always looking for something to do with the rosemary running rampant in my garden.